Vande Bharat Express, also known as Train 18, is a semi-high speed intercity EMU train in India. It was designed and built by Indian Railways’ ICF in Chennai and is considered to be the country’s first self-propelled train.
Here is list of Vande Bharat trains in service as of February 2023
- New Delhi – Varanasi Junction
- New Delhi – Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Katra
- Mumbai Central – Gandhinagar Capital
- New Delhi – Amb Andaura
- MGR Chennai Central – Mysuru Junction
- Bilaspur Junction – Nagpur Junction
- Howrah Junction – New Jalpaiguri Junction
- Visakhapatnam Junction – Secunderabad Junction
- CSMT – Solapur
- CSMT – Sainagar Shirdi
The train 18 was introduced in 2019 and operates on several key routes in India, connecting major cities and tourist destinations. Its introduction has been seen as a significant step forward for the Indian Railways, and has helped to improve the speed and reliability of rail travel in the country.
EMU – Electric Multiple Unit
ICF – Integral Coach Factory
CSMT – Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus